Central Library patrons should be advised that construction is currently in effect for surrounding streets to include, San Pedro Avenue, N. Main Avenue and Navarro Street.
Street improvements as part of the San Pedro/N. Main/ Navarro Roundabout construction project are scheduled for completion Fall of this year, 2017. This project is led by the City of San Antonio Transportation and Capital Improvements (TCI) Department.
While construction is underway please be aware of street closures, detours and alternate bus routes. Details about the construction progress may be found by visiting the TCI website by clicking HERE.
The current construction affecting the library and patrons are as follows:
- Lane closures and detours
- San Pedro Ave. is being rerouted to Main Ave
- Navarro St. has become 2-way traffic
- Temporary bus stop at Richmond Ave. and Augusta St.; to replace the Navarro St. bus stop
- Temporary stop sign at Augusta St. and Giraud St.
- Caution for cars exiting parking garage on Giraud St.
Contact TCI for more information on the Roundabout Construction Project:
Pete G. Rodriguez, Capital Project Officer
Transportation & Capital Improvements
P- (210) 207-8154
Sign up for project construction updates by e-mailing, Pete.Rodriguez@sanantonio.gov.
Details about the construction progress may be found by visiting the TCI website by clicking HERE.