Saturday, March 25, 2017

Events & News

«March 2017»
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2627281234
57891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930311
2345678

Categories

News & Announcements

September 22 in San Antonio history...

August 14 in San Antonio history…

1895
Ground is broken for the main building of Our Lady of the Lake Academy.  Originally, the name was to be “St. Mary’s of the Lake” but Bishop Forest persuaded Mother Florence that there were so many St. Mary’s in San Antonio that another name might be more appropriate.  With that, the name was changed to Our Lady of the Lake.

June 24 in San Antonio history…

1895
St. Louis College graduates its first class – a graduating class of two.  St. Louis College received junior college status from the State of Texas that same year and merged with St. Mary’s College in 1923.

RSS